Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wed-Locked 2

Previously on W E D - L O C K E D
_____________________________________________________
......until one day, that day where all my dreams came crashing down

I couldn't breathe . . .
I was speechless . . .





My name is Rodha, and this is my story . . .
______________________________________________________

It was a beautiful Friday morning, little did I know of what was going to happen later on that day. I woke up earlier than usual that day, at 10 am, I could hear the tv on downstairs and my mom and dad quietly having their morning chat. I approached the living room they were sitting in and they both turned their heads towards me in surprise, it was probably because i woke up too early ( i thought). I kissed my dad on his head, then my mom

me "9abaaa7 el 5aaaaaair my lovelyy mummy n dadyy =D"
dad *cleared his throat* " shoofo mno gayem mnwaagt elyooooum ;) ouuur keshaa daughter"
mom " hehe bask bo 3bdulla, 9abaa7 el noour ro'9oo :)"

and just like that my day started, we had breakfast, w then dad ra7 9alat eljem3a with my two elder brothers Tariq (21), and Abdulla (24), yes I was their only daughter, the metdala3a one you would think, bs no I was not metdal3a at all, even though I was the youngest (19), but bl3aks with my brothers always at work or uni or with their friends, it felt like I was the man of the house.
So the day passed , goum my dad came back from the prayer w b3dain we had the usual Friday lunch, Hamoor mashwee weya this yellow rice thingy( you could tell I never stepped a foot in the kitchen! ), w b3dain everybody headed to their own room, for the afternoon nap. I went into my room w opened my Facebook to check my notifications, then got bored so decided to watch the new episodes I piled up from Grey's Anatomy. After watching two episodes it was almost 6 pm, that is when my dad knocked on my door.

dad " e7m ,, roo'9a ?"
me *putting my Mac on standby and facing the door with a rather surprised expression* " na3aaam baba?? . . . "

he opened the door and was walking towards me

dad *with a sad and worried look on his face* " baba ro'9a, we need to talk"

and that's when he sat on my bed facing me with his eyes looking directly into my eyes.
A MILLION things went through my head at that second! OMg what did I do wrong? My dad never came into my room to talk to me! y3ne he usually sends my mother etha fe shay like when my grandfather died, or talks to me while we are having lunch or something! and why does he look saD?? shoLsalfaa???

me " baba? sho feek?? 3sa ma shar??"
dad " la la mafeeni shay ro'9a lat7ateen, bs b'3ait akalmech fe maw'9oo3, y5e9 your future y3ne"
me *confused out of my MIND!* " my future?"
dad " mmmm baba, t3arfeen 9a7b el shareka elly asht'3l feeha?"
me " uuh 3ami 9ale7 al X?"
dad " haaaih 3alaaich noooor, *sigh* baba ro'9a hatha modeeri yba y36eeenii man9b 3oood fl shareka enna akoon mas2ool 3ala edara kamla,, akoon their manager y3ne, w they give the best payment for hal man9eb! w t3arfeen enti baba kaif ne7na 3na wayd dyooon lazm nsadedha, fa hal man9b wayd mohem w ...."

He just stopped there and looked at me and his eyes started to tear! yes baba's eyes tearing! I haven't seen that since yady(his dad) passed away - allah yr7ma-, like 10 years ago when i was 9. I was worried and confused, I mean those news seem happy? why is he sad?

me " baba sho feek? hal news r very good! why are u crying!??!"
dad " mmm ro'9a bs mdeeri eshtra6 3alay shar6. . . "
me " mmm shar6?"
dad "ehh,, baba ro'9a i don't know a better way to tell you this so i'm just going to say it marra we7da, baba modeeri ybach 7ag welda"
me " ybani? what do you mean ybani?"
dad " ybach, y3ne he wants his son to marry you,, walla ro'9a m3rf sho agoolch bss..."
me " baba what do you mean his son wants to marry me???! a9lan ana ma3arf 7ad goum el X? mno hatha? does he even know me?"

I was confused, I can't deny the little feeling of excitement though, thinking that modeer dad's SON had a crush on me w kan yba ytzawajnee, until those thoughts disappeared with what my dad said next

dad " ro'9a ana bgoolch the whole story, modeeri y3arf eni ensan 3ala gad 7alee, w enni m7taj, tarani m8addem a proposal to raise my salary, fa when he called me to his office one day I thought he would agree to my proposal, bs to my surprise he told me something else....well you see his son esma a7mad al X ysht'3l in the government, w he wants his son for a certain position, w to get to this position lazm certain judges yrash7oon a person for it. So the position yet6allab the murasha7 to be mature, financially, and mn na7yat his personal life, in other words he has to be married w ready to create a family. w hal man9b fl government bysa3d mr. 9ale7's company wayd since we are going through the financial crisis w 7alatna shway ta3bana, y3ne modeeri is pushing his son into this, altho his son does not want to do it. So, he wants you to marry his son, y3ne only for the time being, mat3arfeen shoo bystwee ba3dain ....and "

I could'nt believe my ears, everything after that sounded like a "bla bla bla bla" I was numbed! is this my baba talking? Is he serious? WTF is he thinking?? I'm still in uni! y3ne ana mad5alt AUS eb sehoola! w I thought my education matters?? W mno hatha a7mad ?? w sho mshkelta Mr.9ale7 hatha! Is he out of his mind? Sho ana le3baa bain eedhm!!?? Will my dad just give me up this easily? My face was blank, I just looked at my dad with an absent mind, it felt like a dream, or a nightmare to be precise. What was going on?


wake me up from this nightmare! wake me up!!

17 comments:

  1. Laa 7araaam eksarat kha6ry rootha good writing though

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://hendanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god what the hell?
    whats wrong with her father ?
    nothing is worth trading your daughter for :(
    walla i pity her :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your story is sooooooooooooooo interesting and heart breaking...keep it up i really like ur style ...although whats happening to her isnt fair but i hope the guy is hot at least

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG 7abeebty, it broke my heart. Y3nii, if I were in your place b3d I would be like WTF! Shtaboon? Bs I really liked your writing Mashalla 7ada nice, Keep it up ;*

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Nawarii,,, lets wait n see ;)! hehe :D

    Sunset, thxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing, seriously! I loved everything about it, and I absolutly adore where this story is going! and please don't make A7mad a bad guy!:*

    ReplyDelete
  9. 7aram ekserat 5a6ry :(
    umm inshalla a7mad is a good guy
    mashalla 3alaich ur writing is good oo nice :)

    laymoon

    ReplyDelete
  10. im loving this....great writing :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. speechless...

    AM LOVING IT,,,,SERIOUSLY

    xxx;*

    ReplyDelete
  12. wat a daD! runnnnn awaaay!!! come 2 my place ill keep u safe! baaaaL...

    ur daughter for a position =]

    how PARENT from u....

    ReplyDelete
  13. seriously, i hate it how many of us get married, but behind it all, exists an ugly truth, our parents basically ''selling'' us to people they don't ''know well'', baby if i were rodha, i'd seriously REFUSE to dads proposal and tell dad to 1) either go to hell or 2) get a new and better job :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol and reply, i wan't your point of view :) !

    ReplyDelete
  15. a7s 7ramm walla her dad kasr 5a6rya w he b3d 7ram i dont know w a7s ahmed b3d maskennn

    ReplyDelete